Hi there !
After I was in Warsaw, with Verka again (and his time she could show me the city she known well, a bit, and we sow for instance some very old building abandonned during the war, and some marks of the ancient limit of the gettho), I continued my trip by train to Augustow.
I found a camping place there, thanks to Verka again, and could stay there for 2 nights and 14 zl. It was in a harbourg for touristical boats, a nice place, with a bar and restaurant and people speaking english.
On Wednersday morning i went for a ride in the city but the wind came and my hope to go sunbathing to the beach, was blown away with the wing. Then heavy rain came. And I got soaked wet... and I lost my Heineken bob (hat) :(
So I came back to my tent and went to the bar of the harbourg. I ordered some food, then talked to the lady there, and found out that they did not have an English menu. So I said I could help to tranlate it ! It was a good reason to stay in a warm place, not under the rain.
This has been my 1st work on the trip, tranlation of Polish to French and English (except for some fish names we could not find), and let me have a free diner AND a free breakfast the next morning AND a brand new bob, from the Mazurian region !
So on Thursday I went to go to Lithuania, with my 30 zl left... and a bad idea i had was to pay for a soup before i cross the border. Why a bad idea ?... 'cause it gave me food intoxication and i am just hoping that it is over now...
In the afternoon I met an Finish cyclotourist and we continued the trip to Vilnius together. Wild camping under the rain, then cycling Friday against the wind, the cold, some small rain and f*****' hills...
Who told me Lithuania was flat (Agde) ? Never trust a woman.... ;)
We finally arrived in Vilnius and thanks to Diana (a woman, I know I am full of contradiction as I trustred her !) I found a place to stay. I am still waiting for meeting Aushra, but I already met her neighbour and her boyfriend, and i am using the neighbour's computer to write this message.
Vilnus is a nice town, with some really beautiful places and also some abandonned ones close to the center... Lots of churches, a mix between Orthodox and Catholis ones... quite nice.
1 commentaire:
Merci Sam de nous faire partager ton Eastern Road Trip avec tous tes petits récits. Je vais lire avec attention tes aventures dans les pays Baltes. J'aimerais, un jour, pouvoir visiter en vélo les trois capitales de ces pays.
Bonne continuation et bon courage avec la pluie. Bientôt c'est l'été !
Bisous
Enregistrer un commentaire