Last Thursday, I took a day off to enjoy Karmen's parents place, and met her in Pärnu in the afternoon, after taking the bus.
It was my 1st time using Estonian money, EEK, the Estonian Krone, and I knew it was a currency very different from the Latvian one, but I had to use it to realize it...
13 EEK to take a bus. Less then 1 Euro (which is around 15 EEK). All of this with notes, not with coins. I guess this will be easier to change my money if I do not spend everything in here...
We then spent some time in the old town, went to Karmen's high school because she had to get the signature from some of her teachers, and had a bear with some of her school mates.
Then we went to the beach, not the one reserved to naked women of course, but the other one. The air was 19 C, the water 13 C... and i did not feel like swimming....
On the way back home we went along Tallinn's door, a door or the city but with dirt / ground walls, not stone walls as usual.
In the evening we went to the grandparent's and had a grill, with some meat bought from the shop and that had been into a 'marinade' already.
Friday morning i woke up quite early and prepared crepes for the family, but it was hard because of the pan... I hope everyone enjoyed anyway.
Then I left in the direction of Sindi, Tori, had a lunch in Kergu (with people trying to talk to me but... I don't speak Estonian!). I crossed Järvakandi where there was a heavy metal and electro festival, then took a train in Rapla, to arrive in Tallinn an reach my host's place (for 33 eek, bike traveling for free), a community house in the center of the city, 20 minutes' walk from the old town.
In the evening we had a 'shit pot opening party', so funny, and then i went to sleep under the roof withe other CSers in the place.
Yesterday I went for my mission : find the spare parts for my paniers on the bike. And i found them and even did put them in place and it seems to be all right !
I also walked around the old town, which reminded me of St Malo because of the fortification walls and the quantity of tourists. But it is a pleasant town.
I also went to the harbor and could see the Finish guys going back to Finland with their litters of alcohol...
In the evening we watched Black Book TV series and i loved it. Too bad I will just have seen 4 episodes....
Today i should went around the city again, by bike, and to the beaches, then tomorrow i leave for further adventures....
dimanche 14 juin 2009
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire