So.... I left Paris last Saturday. April the 4th.
By train... To Meaux.
Ben & Anne-Gaëlle were there and shooted me & my bike quite a lot.
Then the train took me to Meaux where, thanks to my last Euro cents of credit on my Mobicarte, I called Xavier (the vegetable producer the AMAP I was in in Paris, used to work with) and managed to find his house. Sorry Erwan, I had forgotten to print your map :(
I spend a 1st night out of my empty flat, sharing moments with Xavier's Parents and Xavier, who was a bit ill. Talking about agriculture, the things we eat, the way we live...
Then on Sunday, I left them to go & eat with my ant Marie-Thérèse.
We even spoke about some cousins we may have in Poland (some LEMOVIEL cousins ?).
I then left arount 3:30 and cycled "straignt" to La Ferté sous Jouare, then took the "Route de Campagne" up to... Gland ! I went to Chateau Thierry's camp site but it was closed... I asked for a place to put my tent to 2 groups of people then ended puting my tent along the Marne, on a nice but humid place.
On monday morning the whole tent was full of drops of condenced water inside...
Monday was a great sunny day (not so warm) that lead me to Epernay, then Chalon en Champagne. As my previous experience with camping had not been so successful, I asked in Epernay for a name & number of a camping in Chalon, and was able to book a place there.
So I could arrive before 8 and have warm shower, a night visit of the tows, and test my tent over a rainy night... (test OK !)
On my way to Verdu, I sent a Couch Request to Benjamin arount Verdun, then he called me and gave me the directons to reach his place, where I arrives around 7:50 after half of the day under the rain... :(
Today, Benjamin, Ruth, Lorraine, Dan & I wend exploring Verdun city then the battle fealds, one of the villages without inhabitants, and a military (abandonned) fort.
In the morning (and without Dan) we had had another visit of a battle fead around "Les Eparges". It was a pleasure to be hosted in the family (Isabelle is there too), full of life & CSurfers (and they all know a lot of people I know too !)
Tomorrow's plan is to reach Metz (to Gladys & Fred's), then Luxembourg country.
2 commentaires:
salut mon sami!!!
ben oui, de la pluie pour commencer, ca doit pas etre evident, mais ca va s'arranger!! je commence à noter ton parcours sur mon atlas, te situer un peu sur la planete. profites bien, ta tente deviendra ton amie, il faut juste l'apprivoiser! rencontre plein de gens, vois de beaux paysages, eclate toi! bizzz et à la prochaine!
Bon et ben t'es bien parti !
Tu as trouvé un nom au fait pour ce périple?
parce que si j'ai bonne souvenance, le "fuckin' sabbatic tour" est déjà pris (copyright 1995). tiens le lien pour les lecteurs de commentaires :
http://samuel.debroise.free.fr/htm/france.html
Bon voyage monsieur dumollet. keep us updated.
Gilles
Enregistrer un commentaire